Kayenta Unified School District # 27
1. Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. Valid Arizona State Elementary
or Secondary Teaching Certificate
3. Valid Arizona State Fingerprint
4. Bilingual (English/Navajo)
5. Native American Language PreK-12
6. Three years of successful
experience working in an educational
7. Ability to read and write in the
Navajo language required.
8. Knowledge of written and/or oral
Navajo culture and history.
9. Strong verbal and written
communication skills in the English and
10. Strong interpersonal and
creative problem-solving skills.
11. Ability to actively seek ways to
support a positive school and/or
District climate through strengthening
parent, community and staff partnerships
for academic success of students.
12. Ability to promote collaborative
partnerships between school, community
and parents by facilitating services
that incorporates Navajo philosophy of
education and building positive self-
concepts of all students.
13. Ability to support all schools
in promoting parent involvement in the
education of their child/children.
14. Knowledge of educational and
community resources that integrates the
Navajo Culture and Language.
15. Knowledge of curriculum planning
and development of Navajo curriculum and
standards, and maintain expertise in
current Navajo Curriculum and Language.
To provide a supportive and positive
program for the students and parents of
Kayenta Unified School District’s Native
Language and Cultural Program that
promotes parental involvement activities
incorporating culturally relevant
materials and resources that value the
cultural heritage of the school and
$64,250 - $69,500
all states are encouraged to apply.
Use job ID k12jobs - 28722 when applying to
Kayenta Unified School District # 27 is an
equal employment opportunity employer.
this job to a colleague or friend
Dr. Jaqueline Holiday
Executive Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 337
Kayenta , AZ 86033-0337
Email this employer